- What personal information do we gather? In general, you may visit Speedtech’s website without providing us with any personal information about yourself. However, there are times when we may need information from you, which includes your Internet address so that we can track unique visits to our site for analytic purposes. Additionally, we may need your personal information such as your name, postal and email address in order to grant you access to protected content or secured sites or provide you with the opportunity to register for an event, to fulfill your requests for information including white papers, download updates to our products, or participate in an online survey. In other instances, we may ask you to provide us with information such as your product interests so that we can send you information that is useful to you, including articles, newsletters, product and service alerts, new product and service announcements and event invitations. Please note that providing any personal information is optional. When you receive your confirmation email or when you receive email from the list server, you will be given instructions on how to remove yourself from the list.
- How do we use your personal information? Information we collect is used to determine what is most effective about our website, to help us identify ways to improve sites, to personalize the visit for you through the use of “persistent cookies” if you permit it, and to determine how we can tailor our website to make it more effective. We may also use data for marketing and other purposes, which we often describe to you at the point we collect the information (for example, if you are invited to register for an event).
In addition to the foregoing, the following are the additional instances where we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
l in anticipation of and in the course of an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger or amalgamation of our business; or
l when required or permitted by law.
The type of information we are legally required to disclose may relate to criminal investigations or government tax reporting requirements. In some instances such as a legal proceeding or court order, we may also be required to disclose certain information to authorities. Only the information specifically requested will be disclosed and we will take precautions to satisfy ourselves that the authorities making such request have legitimate grounds to do so.
There are some situations where we are legally permitted to disclose personal information such as employing reasonable and legal methods to enforce our rights or to investigate suspicion of illegal activities.
- What about security? The security of your personal information is important to Speedtech and we take appropriate steps to maintain security of your personal information. The open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. While this is out of our control, we aim to apply appropriate levels of security at all times. We use industry standard technologies and maintain current security standards to ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration or misuse. Electronic and paper-based customer files are kept in a secured environment with restricted access.
We manage our server environment appropriately and our firewall infrastructure is strictly adhered to. We routinely employ current technologies to ensure that the confidentiality and privacy of your information is not compromised. Our Customer Connection and Partner Connection websites use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to enhance security. SSL is the industry standard technology for protecting and maintaining the security of message transmissions over the Internet. When you access your accounts or send information from secured sites, encryption will scramble your data into an unreadable format to inhibit unauthorized access by others.
To safeguard against unauthorized access to your accounts, you are required to “sign-on” using a user ID and a password to certain secured areas of the www.speedtech.com.tw website. Both user ID and password are encrypted when sent over the Internet. If you are unable to provide the correct password, you will not be able to access these sections. Despite all of our efforts, the Internet is inherently unsecure and we cannot guarantee that information provided online will be secure at all times. Suffice it to say that the security of your personal information is important to us and we will use all reasonable means to keep it as safe as possible.
- Do we give you access to your information? You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by contacting us.
- General. Put simply, we value your trust in us. So we want to maintain your privacy and work with you to ensure that this website and the information and services we provide to you are a valuable resource for you. For any more information about this website or your visit, please contact us.
Last updated Feb 25, 2008